Yountville Veterans Home
On October 24, 1882, the Veterans Home of Yountville was founded when the Veterans Association of San Francisco paid $17,500 for 910 acres of land known as the A.G. Clark Place. The Home is located on land that was part of Salvador Vallejo’s Napa Rancho. All land was purchased with funds from public subscription. The land was a working farm when purchased and the Association continued to farm while the first structure for the Home, the 1883 Administration Building, was completed.